Construction Project Manager – London, ON
Under the supervision of the Construction Director, the incumbent leads and oversees assigned projects from development to delivery. They are responsible for the planning and execution of the project and represent Armco in meetings with GC and Trades. Other key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the execution of assigned projects.
- In collaboration with the Project Manager- Development, review the assigned project scope of work to have a standardized and efficient construction.
- Value engineering ideas and challenges professionally at the predevelopment stage.
- Review, and compare the budget submitted by GC and challenge them based on overall projects for the group.
- Ensure that budget and schedule are met and followed.
- Ensure follow-up and challenge professionals (i.e. Architect, Engineers) during construction to make sure directives are issued in a timely manner, in the most cost-effective way and coordinated with all trades and GC. Costs related to such changes are reviewed, validated, and escalated to the Director if outside of the indicated limit.
- Supervise the planning and daily on-site activities, including solving problems and working with general contractors to find cost-effective solutions.
- Represent Armco at project site meetings and provide project update reports, including schedules to the Construction Director.
- Contracts management, validate Scope of Work prepared by GC.
- Ensure team follow-up and act on units’ delivery readiness, pre-delivery inspections and correction of deficiencies.
- Manage Associate Project Manager and Site Coordinator.
- Coach, train and support the team in their personal development and project-related tasks.
- Evaluate the performance of direct reports and propose corrective actions when needed.
- Engineering, Architectural or Construction Management Degree.
- 5-year min. of experience managing construction sites or similar positions working for GC or owners.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of construction processes and practices.
- People management experience.
- Strong negotiation skills with trades and suppliers on non-standard prices and contract surcharges.
- Capacity to influence decisions, leadership without authority.
- Rigor, organization, and judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple and even conflicting priorities.
- Familiar with Procore and/ or equivalent construction management software.
- Experience dealing with different sub-trades representatives (such as owner, PM, and foreman).
- Comfortable moving between overseeing projects and being hands-on, front-line duties as required.
- Requires sometimes to work during weekends or nights.
- Travel to and between construction sites – vehicle and valid driver’s license required.
To be successful in this role, you must have a strong business acumen. You are tenacious, willing to work hard and challenge the status quo. You bring a ‘can-do’, self-start motivation, and have a desire to hit and exceed goals with your follow-through on commitments. You walk the talk and deliver results.
If this sounds like a role suited for you, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Check out our latest project in Ottawa: https://talismanapartments.com/ For more information on other Armco Immobilier projects: https://armcoqc.com
While we greatly appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing projects within the decided-upon budget, timeline, and scope. They will also effectively monitor and present project updates to relevant stakeholders, clients, or project team members.